Pages

Thursday 14 July 2011

Game off

BARNSLEY v FEYENOORD
Saturday 23rd July 2011

The above fixture has now been cancelled due to the thug element that follows the Dutch side. This was what I read in yesterday's Sun at work. A bit pissed off now as I was looking forward to to seeing one of the famous names in Dutch football in action. 

When I got home I checked the Barnsley FC website and there is no mention of this at all. All I could find was that they are now playing Grimsby Town instead - great. NOT.

I have e-mailed the club itself asking for a refund as I have no interest in watching a friendly against Grimsby Town. Whether they oblige is another matter and is a case of watch this space as it were and will post any update later this afternoon after I have had some kip following a busy night shift. 

On a positive note the tickets for the Emirates Cup came in the post yesterday - let's hope the the local police don't decide to cancel it due to the Boca Juniors' Ultras!!!!!


Edit: Barnsley did reply to my e-mail and have refunded the money in full. Now I will be looking for another fixture to attend.

No comments: