Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

goals goals and more goals

ENDERBY TOWN 2012 12-4 MAGNA '73 RANGERS
Sunday 30th September 2012
Alliance Football League Arthur Moore Cup Group A
Wimpey Park, Coleridge Drive, Enderby, Leicestershire

My first Sunday League game for a few weeks and I was not expecting what I saw. I chose this game for two reasons. Firstly, by chance I met Enderby Town's manager Wayne Woolley at a pre-season game at Royston Town who was watching his son Jake play for Histon. I said that I would come down to watch Enderby play a home game and kept my word. Secondly I thought this would be an interesting game between a division 1 side and an premier division team.
Enderby Town 2012 FC
Wimpey Park is as the photos show is a public park. There is no parking on site and the entrance is via a footpath on Coleridge Drive, with the players changing at the Enderby & District Social Club. 

What we got was a display of attacking football from both sides that had to be seen to be believed, with my highest number of goals seen in a game being smashed to pieces. From the Enderby Town twitter feed (@enderbytown) the goals were shared between just three players - Sam Young hit a double hat-trick with George Young and Sam Miller getting hat-tricks of their own. Magna were not eight goals worse off with the home keeper making three top draw saves, but to put it simply Enderby were ruthless in front of goal. 

Taking away the amount of goals scored it was a really enjoyable game of football. Both sides played the game in the right way and credit goes out to them. It is doubtful I will ever see a game like this again. Period. 

The goals came as follows:

3: 0-1 - an own goal
4: 1-1
18: 2-1
24: 3-1
27: 3-2
34: 4-2
44: 5-2
Half time
47: 6-2
52: 6-3 - a penalty
65: 7-3
73: 8-3
76: 9-3
80: 10-3
88: 11-3
89: 12-3
90+ 2: 12-4 - an unstoppable free kick into the bottom corner.

60 photos of the game can be viewed in the slideshow below:



No comments: