Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Cricket

Wednesday 22nd May 2013

Leicestershire 2nd XI v Nottinghamshire 2nd XI
3 day friendly 
@ Kibworth Cricket Club, Fleckney Road, Kibworth Beauchamp, Leicestershire

With having a week off from work I decided to try my hand at cricket photography for the first time, and in fact would be the first time I had ever watched the sport live. Fortune would have it that I had two options this week as both the Leicestershire first and second XI's had home fixtures this week, and with the latter being the cheaper option and also less restrictions I made the half hour drive to Kibworth. The ground is set on the western side of the village and it is an impressive set up. There are two pitches at Fleckney Road, with the main one dominated by a large impressive pavilion, while an electronic scoreboard is set on the right hand of the pitch. The second pitch has its own smaller pavilion and manually operated scoreboard.

I arrived not long after the scheduled start time of 11am on day two of this three day match, just as Matthew Hoggard was getting his first wicket of the Notts second innings. Leicestershire bowled out Notts and required ninety to win, and as I left the proceedings were well on course to achieve the victory by the end of the day, having reached twenty five without loss..

Having edited my photos last night I have uploaded 39 online, and they can be accessed from the following link: cricket

No comments: