Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

The top 10

In the past twelve months I have taken thousands of photographs, the majority of which I never keep for myself  or publish on the internet. It goes without saying that the bulk of my photographs are taken at football games, but also in the past calender year I have tried my hand at photographing three different sports - American Football, Rugby League and Cricket. Along with this I have also started taking photographs of the towns and villages in which the football has taken place - something that I wish I had done before. Taking all this into account, in reverse order my ten favourite photographs of the past twelve months are as follows:

10: 

This was taken back in July last year when on a two day break in Dorset. When standing at the end of the harbour wall in Lyme Regis I waited for the sail boat to get between the two trawlers.

9.

The Olympic Stadium in London. I was fortunate to get tickets for an event inside the Olympic Park itself and as we were leaving the park itself, the stadium was all lit up.

8.

This was taken back in September 2012 prior to the York City - Cheltenham Town football game. 

7.

My first ever and currently only attempt at photographing a rugby league game and this was my favourite capture, with the Coventry Bears player tackling a St. Albans Centurion 

6.

A first ever attempt at taking photographing under floodlights with my new lens, and this shows MDH Knights lifting the EW Foster Cup after a 5-1 victory of KS Leicester Polska.

5. 

This is one of my best football photographs and was taken at a pre-season friendly between Glapwell and Shirebrook Town back in July 2012.

4.

Like the rugby league photograph, this was currently my first and only attempt and photographing american football. This shows the Leicester Falcons player evading the tackle of the Doncaster Mustangs defender.

3.

My favourite football photograph, that in my opinion I have ever taken. This was back at the beginning of March this year and shows the Uttoxeter Town forward being fouled for a penalty kick against Chesterton AFC.

2.

A rare non football Saturday and also even rarer a glorious sunny day!!! This is of my wife (Angela) and dog (Millie) and was taken on a bridge over the Ashby Canal between Moira and Donisthorpe in North-west Leicestershire.

1

One of the most recent photos that I have taken - with having a week off from work I tried my hand at cricket photography for the first time, and this was one of the last photos I took that day (May 22nd). It shows a Notts 2nd XI player being bowled by Claude Henderson of Leicestershire in a three day game at Kibworth Cricket Club.

No comments: